Sunday, 12 April 2015

Undone



        painting by Daria Petrilli


You gave me a gift,
a seashell dress,
silk, as light as the  breeze
over clover scented dunes.

As pure a blue
as  low tide rock pools
on a heavenly summers day
down by the cliffs.

A row of tiny pearl buttons
reflect in a silvered mirror
my fingers fumbling over them
in this late, afternoon, light.

You half smile at my clumsiness,
I reject your offer of help.
Holding your eyes, as, at last,
I am undone.

KD 12/4/15

Number 265..For the other poets work go here.









9 comments:

  1. Lovely imagery. Good write. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Expertly inventive; well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Exquisite poem! You absolutely nailed this prompt, going right to the core of the artist's work, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!...love how everyone sees the image differently and constructs their style of writing to it. xx

      Delete
  4. Bringing a whole new meaning to " would you like to go for a walk on the beach !"
    What Lydia said

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous. My fave of this week's reads...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tess, that means so much..x

      Delete

Thank you for visiting....don't be shy...say hello!!